Friday, May 13, 2016

I almost don't know how I made it home. The roads between your destination and mine were just scarred into my memory, I could do it with my eyes closed. As my iPod played background music to my thoughts it's as if each vocal was drowned out, no thanks to my thoughts for I couldn't hear those either and not due to the down pour that surrounded me. It was the numbness that clogged my ears, the sense of nothing. There were many things to be scared of that night. The lightning that menacingly casted over my vehicle, the wet roads beneath my tires, the sheet of water that covered my windshield or perhaps the fact that I haven't slept in days. It was hard to focus and not just because of the above circumstances but the fact that my mind was hauntingly occupied by you. Plenty of things could have killed me that night but dying of a broken heart was by far the scariest.

No comments: